NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Wood Occupations (Carpentry)
The aim of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Carpentry) qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence of individuals who specialise in a wood based occupation in the construction industry.
Who is the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Wood Occupations (Carpentry) qualification for?
The NVQ Level 3 in Wood Occupations (Carpentry) qualification is aimed at candidates who have advanced knowledge and expertise in carpentry and can demonstrate competence in woodwork in the workplace. On successful completion of this qualification, learners will be able to apply for their CSCS Gold Advanced Craft Card.
Flexible Payment Options:
- Payment in full
- 50% up front - 50% on completion
- 6 equal monthly payments
The qualification assesses the learners competence in their current role, therefore, in order to meet the assessment criteria, candidates should be working in the role of carpenter or alternative wood occupational area within a construction environment.
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Wood Occupations (Carpentry) - Course content and delivery:
The learner will be assessed using a range of methods tailored to the learners needs. These vary from on-site assessments, observations, written questions, evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussion, and witness testimonials.
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete the Mandatory/Optional units in one of the Pathways:
Pathway 1: Site Carpentry
Pathway 2: Architectural Joinery
Pathway 3: Wheelwrighting
Pathway 4: Shopfitting Site Work
Pathway 5: Shopfitting Bench Work
Pathway 6: Structural Post and Beam Carpentry
Pathway 7: Timber Frame Erection
Pathway 1: Site Carpentry
Mandatory Units – complete all units
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Installing bespoke first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing bespoke second fixing components in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
Optional Units – complete TWO units
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the workplace
- Erecting complex roof structure carcassing components in the workplace
Other qualifications we offer in order to progress your construction career:
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management
NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management