About the Course
The NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification is for those who are responsible for health and safety in their workplace.
Who is the NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety for?
The Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety has been designed for people who have an element of responsibility for health and safety in their workplace. Typical roles include Team Leader, Supervisor, Safety Representative, Manager, Head of Department or equivalent.
Flexible Payment Options:
- Payment in full
- 50% up front - 50% on completion
- 6 equal monthly payments
The qualification assesses the learners competence in their role, therefore, in order to meet the assessment criteria candidates should be working in the role whereby they are responsible for managing Health and Safety.
NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety - Course content and delivery:
The learner will be assessed using a range of methods tailored to the learners needs. These vary from on-site assessments, observations, written questions, evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussion, and witness testimonials.
Course Content - Mandatory Units:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Develop procedures to safely control work operations
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
A minimum of two Optional Units:
- Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
- Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
- Review health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
Other Health and Safety Qualifications we offer:
NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety